These days just about anyone can call themselves a marketer. But what distinguishes those who say they are a marketer from those who are actually experienced practising professionals is becoming a Certified Practising Marketer (CPM).
A CPM for marketers is what a CPA is to accountants or a license is to a tradesperson. Just like you wouldn't call some random person from the street to do your accounting or to do your plumbing, you shouldn't trust just anyone to do your marketing. The CPM certification in the workplace is a differentiator for marketing professionals - not all marketers are created equal.
The Certified Practising Marketer designation is the only peak professional benchmark of its kind for marketers in the Asia-Pacific Region. Unlike tertiary of vocational education, CPM is recognition of both formal education and successful application of your marketing knowledge and skills. The completion of a program accredited, certified, or registered by the Australian Marketing Institute entitles you towards a credit reduction in time needed to become a CPM.
The CPM Program:
- Defines excellence in the marketing profession, balancing practical experience and conceptual thinking.
- Advances your knowledge with continuing, relevant, and valuable professional development and networking.
- Promotes the profession of marketing by recognising only qualified practitioners. Certified Practising Marketer (CPM) Program shows that you are a professional marketer – recognised by your peers for your experience and qualifications.
- Helps you maintain your competitive advantage through exclusive networking and ongoing professional development with the Australian Marketing Institute.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Practising Marketer
As a CPM you will benefit from the programs available to you, from the opportunities for continuing professional development, from the advocacy of the Australian Marketing Institute and from sharing ideas and knowledge with fellow professionals. Additional to your AMI membership, as a CPM, you will benefit from:
- The CPM designation
- 30% discount on AMI classroom training
- Discounted rates for AMI events
- Preference for state committee positions
- Exclusive access or further discounts
- Access to free monthly webinars
- Eligibility to judge the Australian Marketing Institute Awards for Marketing Excellence.
Upon becoming an AMI’s CPM you can immediately start using CPM designation on your business card, your social and online profiles, email signatures etc. and you will get instant recognition, and you will re-enforce in the mind of those around you the critical function the marketing has to play.
Note that AMI Professional Membership is a prerequisite for anyone wishing to apply for CPM accreditation.
If you require further information or have any questions, please contact Membership Services on 02 8256 1654 or membership [@] ami.org.au.